Over hundreds of people are gathered in New York’s Herald Square recently to witness, and help, set the Guinness World Record for “Most People Twerking Simultaneously”.
Yes, twerking we say…and mind you, that word has found it way to the English Dictionary.
The Guinness World Record judge had to lay out the official rules which is as follows:
1. Body must remain upright, with movement concentrated in hips
2. Participants can put hands on knees or hips for support
3. Twerking action cannot come from knees– hips only
4. Freestyling or additional choreography not permitted – no hands on the ground, feet in the air, twirling, etc.
5. Twerking action must be synchronized, can be at own pace
6. All participants must twerk simultaneously for two minutes when Big Freedia gives the signal
7. Any performers who do not participate fully for the entire two minutes will be deducted from the final total.
Posted by Richard Oluseye Anthony